Wednesday, November 2, 2011

峨眉山

ok, so after a long drought of two months, I finally did what I had to to find a real source of internet in this place called China. I wanted to show you some pictures of a trip of my friends and I as we traveled to 峨眉山 (e mei shan, e mei mountain), a 10,000 foot mountain that we climbed in 13 hours!
Us at the bottom of the mountain


A rediculously awesome caterpillar that we found along the trail


This mountain had monkeys... lots of them... our first experience with them was finding this big one, who ran up to my friend and stole his water bottle.
We saw a lot of these... And with the fog on the mountain, I was always thinking we were almost there...


Looking down from the top of the mountain... There's a reason this mountain is one of the most famous in China.

Also on the top
The top of the mountain has a giant statute of Buddha, as well as golden and silver temples

Giant Buddha

Other side of the mountain, with lots of prayer flags... Somehow Tibetan prayer flags are found all over, even in places not dedicated to Tibetan Buddhism

This guy was there to greet us right before we left the mountain... if you'll notice on the lower right corner, he's also explicitly disobeying the rules... what a rebel.

They had a lot of strange statues along the way on the mountain... here's a very happy family of monkeys.

No comments: