Wednesday, November 2, 2011

China

So my friends computer is where I found some good internet, and she also has lots of awesome pictures of China! So, here is another dose of China, or rather our city 成都(chengdu)!
The front gate of my University, pretty impressive at first sight

My university is pretty gorgeous

A pretty average street in China, during afternoon, when no one is out


A more common look at an average street

One of the many nooks of China

China has a forced retirement age (I think it's 50), meaning there are a lot of old people around town... just looking around, with nothing else to do...

The Chinese hold on to their children close... For them, they are the most important commodity they have, assuring them a future of earnings.

With the lack of work, there comes a lot of games. This is Chinese Chess, and although only two people can play, one game will easily attract 10 people. I think it's just as good to watch as to play in many Chinese people's thoughts.

The Chinese love Ramen noodles just as much as Americans. The most common are these noodles from Taiwan.

One of the many residential buildings of our university.

One of the best parts about Chinese meals is that almost every one is a buffet. Chinese like to order a bunch of dishes, then eat a little from each.

Contrary to popular belief, China has a lot of trees... most of which are surrounded by concrete. My University's campus is really old, and as a result, we have a ton of beautiful big trees, which I love!

He's a gangster





Sorry for the delay in pictures. I hope this fills you in a little about what I've been seeing... Only 7 weeks left for me over here... I'm excited to see you all soon!

No comments: