Monday, November 28, 2011

Birthday and Such

Hello everyone! This is probably one of my last posts before I come home! I have a week of school left, and then a week more in Chengdu. After that I go to visit my friend outside Shanghai for a week, and then from Shanghai fly home!! This month I've had some adventures that I'll show you via pictures. It's hard to believe it's been almost 6 months since I came here, and even harder to believe I'll be home in less than a month! Enjoy, and can't wait to see you guys!


This was the first real celebration I had with foreigners in Chengdu!  A friend of mine planned a surprise party for me, and we went out to this absolutely AMAZING international buffet!
This is what happens when you're a foreigner in China... They brought this place of sushi flowers out to, without an explaination as to why... They said they just wanted to give us a gift!


So on the way home, I saw an Eiffel Tower like statue on top of a really tall building. Being in China, we decided to go up to it. After 3 different elevators and 3 different staircases, we got to the top.

On the top



Sichuan Province is known for pandas, and thus we had to go visit them... This is one eating.

These are some babies sleeping
When you're a panda, all you really do is eat and sleep. This is what half the pandas in the park looked like.
These are called red pandas... They're like really really cute raccoons.



Some pandas walking, probably to find a place to sleep
This was a camping trip a had with some Chinese brothers and sisters (Sorry, can't really show their faces)
As is Chinese custom, we had a giant roasted buffet the first night of camping.

Right before we left, I decided I wanted to show my friends how to bend a tree to the ground by climbing it... I tried it, and ended up just tearing the tree out of the ground... A pretty dumb last thing to do...

No comments: